Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Winchester Mystery House

I remember going to the Winchester Mystery House when I was a kid so I wanted to take the kids there. I had found a hotel where they gave us 2 free tickets and I bought 2 online before we left, so we were set!
This is a crazy house where doors open into walls and stairways go into ceilings. If you don't know the story behind the house, just google it.

You aren't allowed to take pictures inside the house but it was cool inside. Although it is crazy, the windows are beautiful and a lot of the elements in the house are before their time (showers, radiant heat in the floor, light switches, for example). Everyone seemed to like the tour.

After the tour, we went to the gun museum to see all the old guns.
Then we walked around the grounds.


It's a cool house, in my opinion.

No comments: