Monday, October 12, 2015

Cruise Day 5 - Monterrey

It's Wednesday (sorry the pic is upside down).


We woke up and we were in Monterey.  We went to the gym where I did the stretch class again.  Then we went to get ready for the day.  There was a misunderstanding with the times the Windjammer would be open so we ended up going to the dining room for breakfast.  We weren't thrilled with this because the menu didn't have anything we really wanted and we didn't want to have to make small talk with a bunch of strangers.  But we found out that they had other options in the dining room so we could get what we wanted.  We ate quickly and then took a tender in to Monterey early to try and avoid the crowds.

Here we are on the tender:

Here is a view of our ship from the tender going into Monterey:

We love Monterey but we were there pretty early so there wasn't a whole lot do to yet.  We walked to Cannery Row and found a bike place that had a tandem bike to rent.  We wanted to bike up the coast and thought it would be fun to ride tandem.  I quickly found out that a) I am not a tandem person and b) I am a chicken on a bike.  I didn't enjoy the tandem at all.  I was really nervous not being in control and I didn't like it at all.  Bryan was steering and had the brakes (which was for the best because I would have been riding the brakes the whole time if I could have).  We made it about 15 minutes up the coast before we decided it would be best to turn around and take the bike back.  The man was pretty surprised when we showed back up but we were done.

By that time the outlet mall was open so we walked to it to do some shopping.  The weather was overcast and there was a bit of a drizzle but it was nice.  We have been really lucky with the weather on the cruise.

We bought some shoes (which is our usual purchase at the outlets in Monterey) and then walked around looking at the shops.  After a while we rode the tender back to the ship.

We went to the pool and our usual hang out to relax.  We read books, napped and just relaxed.  Here are some photos of the indoor pool where we spent most of our time.


We got ready for the day and then went mini golfing.  I think being on the ship helped my score because I ended up getting par, which never happens!  It was a fun little course.

Here is a pic of the climbing wall.  Bryan wanted to try it but it had limited hours and we never got back to it.

Then we found the shuffle board and learned how to play.  It isn't really hard but our shoulders were sore the next day.  I think we played two games.  It's actually a pretty fun game.
We then went to dinner and caught up with everyone's fun activities while we were in Monterey.  After dinner we went to a comedian that was performing in the theater.  He was clean and it was hilarious.

Then Bryan and I went to the Sports Bar to watch the Giant's game on the big screen TVs.  We bought some popcorn and had fun watching the game.  It was late so we went to bed.


No comments: