We woke up in Icy Strait Point. It was a small indigenous inlet that is only large enough for one cruise ship at a time.
We had breakfast and then left to explore. There isn't much there.
There is a beautiful rain forest in Alaska and we were able to take a nature walk through part of it.
When we finished the short hike we saw some Eagles on the pier. They left their spot and flew right over us. Ethan took some great pictures of them. I can't get over how many eagles are around here!
We walked to the cannery to look at the old canning machinery and stuff. The kids were able to touch the skill of a humpedback whale.
The kids bought some souvenirs at the gift shop and then we headed back to the ship. It was windy and a bit rainy so it was a cold day.
We went swimming and then ate lunch. I went to a lecture in whales, that I slept through part of it, then Courtney and I went to the dance club and learned the Thriller dance. It was hilarious!
Tonight was formal night again so we got ready and went to the dining room.
Courtneys pretty hair..
It was lobster and steak night! Ethan was in heaven. He had mushrooms for an appetizer (so he can say he tried them and still doesn't like them but he ate them all up!) and then 2 lobster tails with 4 shrimp, asparagus and other mixed vegetables. For dessert we all had baked Alaska. Courtney had chicken fingers and fries with ice cream and a lady finger for dessert.
During the formal night dinner they always have photographers going around taking pictures at the tables. I don't like this part because it feels less like they are trying to preserve a memory and more like they just want our money.
You know about Ethan's habit of pulling faces, right? This photographer comes over dressed nicely in a tuxedo and asks to take photos of us. He is taking individual shots and gets to Ethan. The man counts "one-two-three" and Ethan makes a face right as the man takes the picture. The mans face was priceless!!! I giggle just thinking about it. He was so startled by Ethan's face! I was sure he was going to lecture Ethan or et upset when he suddenly said "That was awesome!" We all cracked up. It was great!!
This is dessert time. Ethan is trying to figure out what face is the worst.
Courtney hurried and left after dessert so she could change and go to the kids club. It was carnival night. They played games and she won a water bottle.
Ethan went back to the room after dinner while Bryan and I took a walk up on the top deck. But it was so cold and windy that we didn't last long.
So we went back to the room, changed our clothes and Bryan and I went to the show. The man who sang the theme song to "Happy Days" was doing a show. He had a wonderful voice but we are kind of young to recognize all he was singing or talking about. But it was still a good show.
Bryan went at 10:00 to pick Courtney up from kids club. The seas were pretty rocky so the boat was rocking from side to side. It was strange because it had been so smooth so far. But we went to bed without problems.

















No comments:
Post a Comment