Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Girls Camp - Day 3

We woke up, once again, to a car alarm at 6 am from the lower campground. My only complaint was about how loud they were when we were trying to have prayers, etc. 

Anyway. We had "You rotations" in the morning and early afternoon. There were 5 rotations that taught about fabulous, beautiful, creative, strong and brave "you." 

I was the fabulous you rotation. I taught the meaning behind the value colors and made an analogy to hiking and the gear you need to hike. 

The creative you rotation was where we colored tshirts that said "BE YOU" on the front.

The beautiful you was a craft. I didn't get to do this one because I was too busy.

The brave you rotation taught the girls how to relate any random thing to a gospel principle so they could share the gospel easier with their friends. For example: what does a fridge have to do with the gospel?  I loved this rotation because the man teaching it came down at lunch to do a special presentation for those who were teaching other rotations so we wouldn't miss out.

The strong you rotation was my counselor teaching the girls a song she wrote. I didn't get to do that one either  but heard it was amazing.

We them had our spiritual night presentation. A Tongan woman spoke to us about what it is to be truly beautiful and then we watched the old "Johnny Lingo." It was hilarious to hear the reactions from the girls because many hadn't seen it before. When the movie ended, we had a visit from Mohana (a girl pretending to be her) and learned more about our real value in God's eyes. It was cool.

The 5th years decided to take the girls on a snipe hunt. I was not happy about this because I knew them well enough by that point to know it could get out of hand. It ended up either being 1) really scary or 2) pretty lame. We had 6 girls in tears and one Ward ready to shoot us. The other stake in the lower campground came up to snipe hunt in our campground and were really loud. It amused a lot of confusion and fear. We were up late trying to calm people down. Not the most fun I have had!

We tried to make smores when it finally calmed down but realized we didn't have any hotdog sticks. So we are the  chocolate. ;)

Then it was time for bed.

No comments: