He had an awards ceremony at Success Academy in the morning, so I drove him over to go to that. I wasn't allowed to go in (and there weren't any parents that I saw go in anyway) so I went back in an hour to pick him up. And he got an award!
Ethan earned the presidential scholar award and he also earned the Spirit of Success award. The Presidential Scholar award was for his GPA. The Spirit of Success award is only given to one recipient from each class that demonstrates hard work and determination. He was a bit shocked to get that one but I was happy for him. He has worked his little can off this year and it was great that he saw that his professors noticed.
We had a family party of pizza and cake then Ethan got to open presents.
He wanted a cake that was half chocolate and half vanilla. I had to distinguish it somehow.
Courtney gave him a bunch of crazy socks that he can wear to church.
He also got money, games, and some other things he wanted. It was a good haul.
Later that night, he had a bunch of friends over for games and treats. They played Ethan's new game called "Super Fight." It's such a teenaged boy game because you pick cards and then 2 people battle against each other as to which bunch of cards makes the most sense. The boys were over here for a long time arguing and playing with each other.
I can't believe he is 16!
No comments:
Post a Comment