Ethan was in the Evan's family and Courtney was in the Lee family. They were well taken care of and they worked so hard.
Thursday morning we took them to the Stake Center to get ready to go. I was in charge of getting snack foods so the kids could make snack bags for themselves for later. Ethan and Courtney were happy to start...kind of.
Ethan and Courtney are on the back row by the carts on the right-hand side of the picture. What a good looking bunch of trekkers.
Did I say this wasn't completely authentic? The porta-potty that followed them on the trail.
On the video, Courtney is on the far right on the first cart and Ethan is on the far left on the second cart. Then you will be able to see them easily on the other video.
This was the first day (ignore the watermark, I had to cut a lot out of the video and this was the free program I used):
On the last day of Trek (Saturday), all the ward members went to the Ence cabin at Pinto to welcome the families back and to have a ward party. I almost didn't recognize Courtney because she was so tan!
She wasn't in too good of a mood, as you can tell from the "talk to the hand" picture. She was exhausted and just wanted to go home. Unfortunately, Bryan was in charge of cooking the Dutch Oven potatoes for the ward party. This is what Courtney thought of that:
Here are their families after 3 days of Trek:
This is how Courtney made it home from Trek:
The kids had a good experience but they don't ever want to do Trek again. Ethan ended up helping pull the sick cart and there were some heavy kids in the sick cart. But it was a great learning experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment