Courtney has been, what I call, "resisting-a-rest" lately. She thinks she doesn't need a nap...but she really still does. She gets so grumpy if she doesn't get her afternoon nap. One day she was just not cooperating when it was nap time and she had been in her room for over an hour yelling and screaming. I decided to try something that worked with Ethan. I put her on the couch, with her blanket and pillow, put on a movie (Scooby Doo is the favorite right now) and left the room for 15 minutes. Sure enough, she fell right to sleep! And she slept for over 1 1/2 hours. I think she would have slept longer, but she rolled over and fell off the couch ;)
I let her fall asleep on the couch all last week and it worked each time. One day I tried to transfer her into her bed, but that never works with my kids. She woke up and thought she had taken a long nap and was ready to be up.
Friday she fell asleep with Ethan on the other end of the couch giggling loudly. Her neck was kind of funny, so when she woke up she had a crick in her neck and while trying to work it out, she fell off the couch. Poor girl. But at least she is getting a nap!!

1 comment:
I'm jealous! I can't get Josh to nap anymore, even though he needs it...sometimes he'll just crash in the middle of the living room, but its always at like 5 pm, which does me NO good! Yikes. At least you're getting some peace and quiet for an hour a day!
Post a Comment