There are some days when I wish you could video tape Church. Today was one of them. Courtney was asked to give a talk in Junior Primary and she was so excited. All week we talked about what she should do. The topic was "I am a child of our Heavenly Father." She kept telling me over and over that she didn't want any help. I knew that meant that we had to do something simple that she could easily do on her own. All the little Sunbeam girls really want to sing into the microphone. I thought this would be a good chance to get that desire out of Courtney's system. We decided that she should sing the first verse of "I am a Child of God" as her talk. She loved the idea and used the karaoke microphone to practice a few times, she even said "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" when she was finished.
When I went into Junior Primary to hear her Bryan was in the hall talking to someone. Courtney was a bit nervous because she wanted both of us there. When Bryan walked in, her little face just lit up and she was ready to go. They announced that it was her turn and she hopped up there. She looked around then looked at me and I nodded my head and she was off. She grabbed the microphone like a pro and belted out the song. I'll tell you, it was so reverent and quiet in that primary room when she was singing that you could have heard a pin drop. It was the neatest thing and she did a wonderful job. She even remembered to end it correctly.
It just brought back to me, once again, how powerful music is in bringing the Spirit into our lives. I'm grateful that Courtney didn't want help and decided to sing so that we could feel that quiet, peaceful feeling during Junior Primary.
1 comment:
That is so precious!
Post a Comment