I am not one that is known to have patience. I get a "bee in my bonnet" and I can't rest until something is dong, but I really have no patience to wait for things to happen. Bryan is usually the one with all the patience.
Yesterday Ethan wanted to play a game on the computer but the game he wanted to play had to have something downloaded. So Bryan helped him download the file...with a HUGE virus attached to it. It was Anti-virus 360 and it was horrible. It affected the internet and wouldn't let us get on sites that needed passwords (which really is a blessing because they couldn't get our passwords). But we couldn't do anything on the internet and it was attaching itself to everything.
Bryan tried for 3 hours to fix it. He had the laptop next to him and searched the internet on that to find sites to help him fix it. But most sites would be blocked by the virus so he couldn't get help. He was so frustrated and finally washed his hands of it.
I decided to give it a try. I found a site (www.majorgeeks.com) that had a 5 step process to get rid of it. I had to download 5 programs and then run them, in order, to get the virus and all its extensions cleaned up. It took about 4 hours to do (I got a lot of Ensign reading done that I haven't had time to catch up on, so it was good) but it worked!! I finished at about 11:57, so I didn't have to do any of it on Sunday, an added bonus.
But I don't think Ethan is going to play any more games if something has to be downloaded. Because I'm not sure if I'll have patience to do the clean up again!
2 comments:
I'm impressed...stuff like that freaks me out. I'm always afraid the computer will start smoking and explode in front of me with a clown head laughing at me on the screen or something.
Wow! You are awesome! I would have started swearing and screaming, certainly not reading the Ensign. You are definitely more patient than I am.
Post a Comment