Here's the recipe to the whole wheat bread my mother-in-law worked with and perfected. It's made in a Bosch and it really good and easy!!
Wheat Bread
Combine and let sit while you grind your wheat:
3 cups hot water
oil (just enough to coat the 2/3 measuring cup you are using, I usually just spray my measuring cup with Pam)
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
Add:
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp gluten
Mix this for 3 minutes and then let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Add:
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp dough enhancer
1 Tbsp tofu drink mix
3-5 cups flour (start with the smaller number and toward the end, add the flour 1/2 cup at a time until it reaches the right consistency, you don't want it too dry)
Knead bread in Bosch for 5 minutes.
Divide into 1 to 1 1/2 pound pieces (depending on the side of your loaf pans) and put into loaf pans. Let rise as normal. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. This recipe makes 2 loaves in my pans.
2 comments:
I am so glad you posted this because I was going to ask you for it. I am really excited to try this out. I loved the pictures and I could actually smell fresh bread!
Thank you! I will give it a try!
Post a Comment