Friday, February 6, 2009

Courtney Monkey!

When I hear Courtney yell "Mommy, HELP!" I have to admit that I don't run to her aid as fast as I did once. For the first couple HUNDRED times, I would sprint to where she was to see what the emergency was and how I could help her out of it. But after the first couple hundred false alarms (meaning that she wasn't in danger at all, just wanted someone to get her something) I have slowed down quite a bit.

This morning she was helping me clean and suddenly said, "I want to wear a dress." She went into her room and I didn't think anything of it. After a while I heard her familiar yell, "Mommy, HELP!" I said, "I'll be there in a minute" and kept on cleaning. A few minutes later she yelled, "Mommy, really, I need HHHEEELLLLPPP!" I went into her room to see this:

Yes, she used her closet shelves as a ladder to get to a Church dress she wanted to wear. I asked if she could hold on a minute so I could grab the camera and she happily said, "Sure Mommy." After the picture was taken and she was down, I explained to her that a) she shouldn't cry wolf any more because I didn't know she really did need my help and b) she isn't to ever climb the closet again.

But, she was having a girly day and wanted to wear a nice dress. She keeps me on my toes.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

OH, that is funny!