Sunday, February 22, 2009

It was only a matter of time...

I was checking my email yesterday when Courtney came in the room looking like she had chocolate dripping from her mouth. I asked her what she had eaten and she said, "nothing" so I investigated more closely and realized that it was lipstick. I knew it was only a matter of time before she started getting into my make-up and here was the evidence. I laughed and called for Bryan but Courtney ran into her room yelling "I don't want Daddy to be upset!!" So I took a picture instead. After the photo shoot, I googled "how to remove lipstick from the face" and found that babyoil is the best way to get it off a little girl. I sat Courtney on the sink and realized that she had not only put lipstick on her lips, but that she had used it as eye shadow and eye liner. She really looked like a clown.

We got it all off her face, and her arm where she had tried to wipe her mouth, and she was fine. But it brought back a lot of lipstick memories I have from when I was young. I have quite a few memories of climbing up onto our bathroom counter when I was little and wiping lipstick all over the mirror. I even remember being yelled at by my mom and thinking, "But it was fun!" So I know this probably won't be the last time I'm going clean lipstick off of Courtney.

1 comment:

Christy said...

And so the fun begins.... thanks for the tip of using baby oil. I am sure that it will come in handy. Hang in there!