Courtney has this thing with the word "pickle." Sometimes when Bryan or I will read her a story we will substitute words to see if she is listening or to make her giggle. When I read her stories before her nap she likes me to put in the word "pickle" whenever I can. Today we made up a pickle song that made us both laugh. It's to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Pickle
How I wonder where you tickle.
On your belly or under your chin?
Now let's play this game again.
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Pickle
Now I know just where to tickle.
Then I tickled her and she laughed and laughed. I guess you had to be there but we had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I had her so wound up after that, that it took her 2 hours to fall asleep. Oh well, at least she finally did fall asleep.
2 comments:
Cute! We love making up our own lyrics to songs, too!
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who makes up crazy songs. Though yours was much more fun. We have a macaroni and cheese song, a changing the diaper song, etc. Mama-hood will make you do crazy things.
Post a Comment