Yesterday was our primary program and it was so cute. Courtney had a speaking part and Ethan sang with a group of boys. Courtney had been practicing her part ("My family loves me.") and she thought it was too short, so she kept adding to the end of it and I was a bit nervous that she would do that on the stand. Ethan had been practicing his song and had the words down really well but was a bit nervous when he practiced before the meeting began.
Here are some highlights:
1. Before the Sacrament started Ethan was sitting on the stand and the girl next to him pinched and hit him. He didn't take this well but had a wonderful sister sitting near him that put a loving arm around him and made him feel better. I am really grateful for Primary teachers (even those who don't teach my children) who love them and take care of them when I can only watch from the audience.
2. After the Sacrament, Courtney was seated with her little class on the stand and she proceeded to stand, wave her arms to get our attention and then stick her tongue out at everyone. There were quite a few chuckles. I knew something like that would happen and I'm glad it was taken care of in the first 5 minutes so I could sit back and relax.
3. As I thought, Courtney said her part wonderfully and then stood there at the microphone like she was going to say something else. Luckily, the 2nd Counselor in the Primary told her "Thank you" and helped her get down before she could say anything but everyone chuckled because they knew she wanted to say something else.
4. Ethan sang wonderfully! He did such a great job with the other 3 boys he sang with and didn't forget any of the words. He was so happy when it was over.
5. Courtney is the loudest singer in the primary and knew the chorus of most of the songs and wasn't afraid to sing them. ;)
6. Courtney made it almost through the entire program. I was very impressed with her! During the final song which was sung by the primary and congregation she ran down from the stand to cuddle with Bryan.
Courtney and Ethan both got new Primary teachers yesterday. I was a bit nervous about Courtney because she has been clingy at Church lately. I introduced her last week to the woman they called to be her teacher so she would know who she was and Courtney acted really shy so I was nervous. After Primary Courtney ran up to me and yelled. "mom, I love my new primary teacher!" Her teacher was right behind her and thanked her for being such a good example of reverence and told her how much she loved being her teacher. Courtney wasn't shy at all and said she would see her next week. Ethan also came home saying how much he loved his new teacher too. His class is filled with 8 or 9 boys and 1 girl, so it's a tough class, but the boys seem to love the sister who has been called to be their teacher. So it was a great Sunday!
1 comment:
My husband was one of those awesome primary teachers that comforted an upset little boy. And the whole ward saw it! I was so proud to be his wife that Sunday. Those kids can get so overwhelmed up on the stand.
Post a Comment