Friday, October 30, 2009

Ghost Tours

Last night we went on the Santa Clara Ghost Tour. Ethan had heard about it and wanted to go. Bryan wasn't so excited and we thought, last week, about just Ethan and I going but Courtney got wind of the idea and objected. So...we loaded into the car last night and went on the Ghost Tour.

First off, it was LATE for our kids. Bedtime for the kids is 7:30 and that's when the tour began. Secondly, it was EXPENSIVE. I couldn't believe what they charged and we decided that this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip because it's too much money. Thirdly, it's COLD! We had the kids all bundled up but I am too used to southern Utah apparently because I didn't realize I was in flip flops until we got there. I froze my little toes off. Lastly, it was LONG!! We didn't get back home until around 9:30 and we were all ready for it to be over when we were only half-way done.

But...we had fun. We met 6 ghosts. I didn't know what to expect but they advertised it as "family friendly" so I wasn't too worried until but there were some parts that were scary. The ghosts were pretty good and Ethan and I were asked to help one ghost do a magic act for everyone. We saw a magician, a gypsy, an old prospector that was blown up by the fumes from an "ol' two holer" (he was funny), Sitting Bull and Wild Bill. It was way too long and so by the time we got to Jacob Hamblins home for the last two ghosts, we were freezing and ready to be done, but it was fun. There were some creepy indian ghost kids that I didn't appreciate but all in all it was fun and the kids liked it. I would shorten it a bit, if it were me.

Courtney told my mom this morning that the ghosts weren't real because real ghosts say "ooohhhhh, aaaahhhhh" and stuff like that. The ghosts we saw were fake because they talked. ;)

No comments: