I have really been trying to save money using all the coupons I can. I have a friend in the ward that is so great at using coupons and gets all kinds of free stuff every week. After I was put into the Relief Society presidency, she approached me and asked if she could teach a coupon class each month because so many women were asking her how to do it. So last month we had a class and I learned A TON!! I have really been impressed by how much I can save if I just know where to look and how to use my coupons.
Last night we had another class and one woman brought a receipt from a few months ago and then one from last week. She bought, basically, the same things except the receipt from a few months ago was significantly higher than the one last week. I have been working on it but so far I have only been able to save 50% of my grocery bill (for example, if I pay $120 for groceries I usually have about a $60 savings, so the total would have normally been $180 before coupons).
Today I was cleaning the kitchen when I received a phone call from another friend in the ward who is also trying to do the couponing thing too. She said that at Albertson's they had a great pie/ice cream deal and that I had to get down there. I grabbed Courtney and went down. They had a deal where you buy 1 pie (that's rather large, by the way) for $6.39 and you get another pie and 2- 1.5 quarts of Breyer's ice cream FREE!! So I went a bit nuts (hey, it's cheap and almost Thanksgiving/Christmas time). I bought 3 pies for $19.17 and got 3 more pies and 6 of the 1.5 quarts of ice cream for FREE. So that's like getting each thing for only $1.60!
I ended up using the in-store ad to get some Skippy peanut butter for .99, Ragu spaghetti sauce for .88 and Land-O-Lakes butter for $1.25. All in all, my final total savings (after coupons and that awesome pie/ice cream deal) was $82.95!! And I only paid $40. I felt pretty excited!
Anyone want pie and ice cream?! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment