April 3, 2010
Our neighborhood always has an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Since there are so many kids, we have it split into three age categories, 0-3, 4-7 and 8+. I was in charge of collecting all the eggs. So for a week people would bring by 12 eggs per child, filled with candy and taped shut. I would then split them into age categories and put them into a box. On Saturday morning I went to aerobics but at at about 8:15 some of the neighborhood teenagers came by to get the eggs from Bryan and hide them. (They ended up splitting the categories a bit differently because we didn't have many 0-3 kids who participated this year.) I drove like a mad woman to get back in time to see the hunt.
At 9 a.m. SHARP they took a neighborhood picture and then the kids split into their categories. Bryan had the camera and we decided that Ethan would be quicker so Bryan would take pictures of him first and then run over and take pictures of Courtney. Boy were we wrong! Ethan was very selective of the eggs he picked up. He went for the camo eggs and the green ones. Courtney, on the other hand, just ran and grabbed her 12 eggs as fast as she could. It was hilarious. So we only have a couple of picture of her.
Everyone brought donuts or juice (depending on if your house was an odd or even number) and so we all stood around chatting and eating while the older kids (8+) did an egg drop game. They had 3 minutes to pad a raw egg enough that when dropped from a 6 foot ladder the egg wouldn't break. It was fun to watch and the older kids had a lot of fun.
Ethan and Courtney then went to jump on the trampoline of a friend and I decided I wanted to jump too. Some girls had slept out on the tramp and wanted me to bounce them. I took a run and jumped, but slipped on a sleeping bag and didn't bounce them very well. So I just jumped and made them bounce. It was fun.
I then loaded Courtney in the van, Ethan loaded into his best friends car, and we took off for Unity Park in Ivins for the Ivins City Egg Hunt. This is a free-for-all egg hunt where they don't limit the amount of eggs you can get. Courtney and I got there with 2 minutes to spare so we got a good spot. I told her to run to the middle and work her way out. Ethan and his friend got there as they were counting down so they only ended up with 2 eggs each. But Courtney cleaned up!! She had a ton of eggs and had great fun grabbing whatever she could find.
When we got home and she found out that Ethan only had 2 eggs, she put some of her eggs on his bed with a cute note telling him that she loves him.
The rest of the day was relaxed. I took the kids to dinner while Bryan went to the priesthood session. It was a fun day!
1 comment:
I really like your vest Courtney! Looks like you and Ethan had a fun weekend!
Post a Comment