Bryan went to work for the first part of the morning. When he came home, we ate lunch and took off for the bowling alley. Ethan didn't want to bowl so he became our photographer. We had a great time and Courtney did great bowling. For a while she was beating us, but then Bryan and I came back with strikes and ended up tied in the end.
Self-portrait!

Michelle:

Bryan bowling:

Courtney has her own "throw the ball" form:

Then we took off for the St. George Rec Center to spend some time. Our tradition is to eat Pizza Hut Pizza on Christmas Eve in front of the Christmas tree. I ordered the pizza online and put in a time of 5:00, but bowling didn't take as long as we thought it would so we couldn't pick up the pizza for a few hours. So we decided to go to the Rec Center and do some free games!
Ethan, Courtney and I played pool while Bryan checked out their new "Spin Class Room." Then while Bryan and Ethan played ping pong, Courtney and I played basketball. The boys joined us but after a while Courtney wanted to play racquetball. I played with her and we had fun and then the boys got the court next to us and played. None of us were really dressed for racquetball, but that's okay.
Courtney got tired, but wanted to play with Bryan and Ethan, so we waited until they were ready. Then Courtney played with Bryan (Ethan was too tired) and they had fun until Bryan started aiming at Ethan who was outside the glass box and Courtney yelled at him for hitting the glass with the ball. It was pretty hilarious.
She hit the ball!!!

Playing air hockey:




Look at that muscle!


Ethan went back into the gym to play basketball while we finished up playing racquetball and then we all left to go window shopping until the pizza was ready.
After spending time at Deseret Book (which was very crowded, by the way) we picked up our pizza and went home. We had pizza in front of the Christmas tree, made cookies for Santa, played the chimes, read Christmas stories, read Luke 2, opened the kid's Christmas pajamas and then the kids went to bed...but Ethan had a rough night.
The kids were in bed by 7:40 p.m. but Ethan was so wound up that he asked if I would lay down next to him until he fell asleep. It took about 2 minutes and he was out! About 8:20, Ethan comes out really confused thinking that it is morning and he was confused that Santa hadn't been here yet. He went back to bed and when I checked on him he said he had a really bad headache. I gave him water and Tylenol but he wanted a blessing from Bryan. So Bryan gave him a blessing and Ethan asked me to lay down next to him again. He told me he felt a little better after the blessing but still couldn't fall asleep. Finally, Ethan asked if he could sleep in his wicker bowl chair. I got him set up and it wasn't long before he was asleep. Poor guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment