Thursday, December 30, 2010

Changing Rooms

We wanted to have the kids switch bedrooms right after Christmas. Ethan has been sleeping in a small room and Courtney has been sleeping in the larger room. Since Courtney didn't want to sleep in a blue/green room and Ethan didn't want a purple room, we had to paint!

On Monday morning, Bryan helped me move things out of the bedrooms and then I had to primer the small room (Ethan's old room/Courtney's new one) and the purple wall in the larger room.


Then I painted the larger room a yellow/cream color (that I LOVE) on three of the walls. Then I painted a dark blue accent wall in the large room and a bridal rose accent wall in the smaller room. They got to pick these colors themselves and I think they turned out cute.


The kids got to spend the night on the couch bed and the living room floor while their rooms dried. Then on Tuesday Bryan helped me move some furniture in the rooms before he went to work and then I finished things up and moved their things into the new room they would have. Courtney has made herself quite at home in her new room.


Ethan has the same bed but Courtney has a new-to-us loft bed. Since her room is smaller, there is only one place to put the bed and, unfortunately, the ceiling fan is right where the ladder is located. So we are thinking of cutting a few inches off the bottom of the bed and disabling the fan so she doesn't get hurt. But she loves her new bed and Ethan loves his new "big" room. The loft bed had a desk below it which we put in Ethan's room so Courtney could have her dresser under the bed. I like the results!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

You are seriously the most ambitious mom I know! I am so impressed that you will continually tackle big projects and find ways to play with your children. You are inspiring.