Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ward Christmas Party

Can I just say that the people who put together our Ward Christmas party are insane?!?! They did an awesome job transforming the Stake Center into the North Pole for breakfast and tit was tons of fun...and I'm glad I wasn't one of them because it was also a TON of work. But I loved the end product.

They had a kids area set up that was manned by the Young Women. We just had to send our kids in there and they entertained them, fed them and even had a visit from Santa...all while the parents were eating and chatting amongst themselves. It was awesome. I told the kids I missed them...for a second, then I kept on enjoying myself. Hahaha

They had a few people do entertainment (songs, poems, etc.) but it wasn't a huge big deal and it only lasted an hour. Not bad for a Ward party. The only complaint I heard was that it started at 9 in the morning and people didn't want to be up that early on a Saturday. For our part, we wished it started earlier because the kids are up and ready to go at 6:30 each morning! ;) But it really was a lot of fun.

Courtney coloring her place mat:

Ethan coloring his place mat:

Some of the decorations:

More decorations:

No comments: