Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yoga

Bryan and I try to exercise each morning in the basement. Courtney likes to join us. The problem is that we get up and begin at 5 a.m. and we DON'T want her up that early in the morning. Just a side note: our kids get up really early anyway (6 a.m. is usual for them) but we draw a line when the clock says "5."

Yesterday she woke up really early and wanted to exercise with us. I tried to put her back to bed but she just wasn't going for it. Somehow she thinks that working out with us is a lot more fun than sleeping (I'm sure she'll get over that when she's a teenager). Anyway, it didn't work. I finally ended up promising her that, if she would let us work out on our own, I would take her to the library to get a work out video for kids that she could do every day after school. She went for it!!

So we went to the library after school but the only video they had was Yoga For Kids. She wanted it. We went home, she changed into "work out gear" and popped in the video. She had a blast for an hour doing "tree pose" and other things. It was hilarious because every 10 minutes she had to run in and show me how well she does her poses. It was great and something she wants to do again today after school. Only now she insists that she needs new "work out clothes" because she doesn't have any good "yoga pants." Good grief! :)

No comments: