After the bus left, I took Courtney's birthday cupcakes to the school to be handed out at lunch time. I got to hang out with Courtney and say "hi" to Ethan before the bell rang. They were pretty nervous that they would be late so they stuck by their classroom doors, but it went well.
The moms in the neighborhood always get together for breakfast on the first day of school to decompress after the summer. I haven't ever gone because I had Courtney with me and then last year it was crazy on the first day. But this year I went and it was a lot of fun to sit around talking for a while.
I have had a bit of a mental adjustment to make. I loaded my errands into the van to do after breakfast and I kept thinking "Oh, I won't have time to get that done." But then I realized, "Yes I do because I have all afternoon free!" It was nice. I have a whole list of things around the house that I don't get to in the mornings before Courtney would get home from Kindergarten. Now I have to prioritize and start getting them done.
I met them after school with popsicles for everyone who rode the bus and they liked that. All they will say about school is that it was fun. Hopefully they will share more as the night goes on but they both seemed to have a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment