The biggest stress of every summer is the day we find out who the kids have as a teacher for the upcoming year. When Ethan was in kindergarten, on the second to last day of school, the kids would go into their new teacher's classroom so they could meet him/her. It was great because they knew at the beginning of summer who it was and had time to get used to the idea. It didn't work out too well when the teacher switched schools during the summer and the kids showed up to a classroom with a new teacher. So last year it was decided to announce the teacher the week before school began. And it worked that way this year too.
I went to the elementary school this afternoon without the kids, just in case, and they gave me a paper to guide me through the school. There were signups for Community Council, choir, drum corp. etc. and places to pay for school lunch, PTA, t-shirts, yearbooks, etc. I went late so it wasn't too busy. Then I got to the table with the teacher assignments. I knew both teachers so they quickly looked up Courtney and she got...Mrs. Murphy! Then they looked up Ethan and he got...Mrs. Belliston! I have to say that we scored in the teacher department, although all the teachers are really good at the school (especially in 1st grade).
I really didn't have a preference for Courtney's teacher because they are all really good. The teacher Ethan had for 1st grade isn't at the school any more so we couldn't get her, but I have been impressed with all three teachers. So we are pretty happy and Courtney loves it because one of her teacher's favorite foods is mashed potatoes...Courtney's favorite too!!
I was nervous about Ethan's teacher though. They are all good teachers but there was one that didn't fit his personality as well as the others and Ethan was nervous/afraid he would get that teacher. The teacher who gave me the kid's teacher assignments handed it to me and said, "He has the best teacher of all!" It was her! And she was the teacher that Ethan wanted to get. She said that she was really excited to have him because she had heard great things about him. She said that he is going to have a great year with her and she can't wait to get to know him better.
When I came home and told Ethan he was super excited. We know of one other friend who is going to be in his class, so that will be good.
Yeah for the new school year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment