Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jeopardy Tattling

Courtney has figured out a new way to tattle which I call "Jeopardy Tattling.

Ethan and Courtney both know that they aren't supposed to eat in the TV room. I made Ethan a sandwich and then turned around to get Courtney's rood ready. Ethan promptly took his sandwich into the TV room to eat. I wasn't paying attention so I didn't know he had gone in there. Courtney got up from the table, went into the TV room to verify that her brother was doing something he shouldn't be, then came back in the kitchen and asked, "Mom, is Ethan supposed to be eating in the TV room?"

I went and talked to Ethan to get him out and then I asked Courtney if she was supposed to be tattling. She said, "I didn't tattle Mom. I asked you a question. [A question she already knew the answer to.] If I were going to tattle I would tell you that he was in there, not ask you."

It's scary how her mind works.

No comments: