He kept telling me that he had a tooth loose but I couldn't feel it and he said it was a molar. I didn't think those came out so I kind of just ignored him thinking that he was just obsessed with pulling another tooth. I was blogging and he came into the kitchen and said, "Really Mom, my tooth is loose." I felt it but it didn't feel like it to me.
About 5 minutes later he came back into the kitchen and said, "Well, it's out." I looked over to see him holding a tooth in his hand and one of my best kitchen dish towels in his mouth with the other hand (he had to stop the bleeding somehow, right?).
I freaked out. First off, I didn't think kids lost their molars. I am at a huge disadvantage when it comes to teeth coming out because, right before I got braces, the oral surgeon pulled 10 of my teeth. So I didn't go through the teeth-loosing stages like everyone else did. Secondly, he pulled another tooth. Can't he leave those things where they belong?!?!
I immediately called our neighbor, who is a dental hygienist, but she wasn't home and she didn't answer her cell phone. So I tried our other neighbor, who is also a dental hygienist, but she didn't answer either. So I called my friend around the corner who has 4 kids. She told me that it was perfectly normal but that she wanted to see. So we walked over there and she said that it was a baby molar (who knew they came in baby size?!) and that he was perfectly fine.
Now Courtney tells me that she has another tooth loose. Will this never end? Hahaha. Good thing we have a pediatric dental appointment next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment