Wednesday night we had a reservation to camp at Snow Canyon. It ended up being a crazy day with the death of the little girl and then Ethan had scouts where they were biking in Snow Canyon and then I almost had a meeting with the Bishopric (luckily we took care of it on Tuesday night so I didn't have to worry about it). Bryan loaded up the van while I was on the phone making arrangements. He and Ethan left at 6 p.m. to meet up with the other boys to go on their bike ride. Courtney and I went to Snow Canyon to set up camp and wait for the boys.
We girls did a great job setting up the tent (which smelled like mold) but when we were putting things in the tent we realized a sleeping bag was missing and I had forgotten to grab the lantern. We weren't very prepared for this camp out and I had been thrown so things were done as well as they should have been. So Courtney and I got back in the truck and went back home to grab those things. When we got home the boys were waiting for us so we gave them a ride back to the van and then we all went to our campsite. By now it was pretty dark but we had the lantern! So we made dinner (hot dogs) and had some s'mores.
Ethan went to bed while Courtney, Bryan and I sat around the camp fire. When we were all tired we got in the tent and went to sleep. The next morning we made breakfast (which ended up being a mess because our griddle wasn't level so the eggs spilled all over the ground) and then went home so Bryan could get ready for work. The kids had Fall Break but Bryan still had to work.
It was fun to get away for a little bit and I was glad it was close but Courtney said it wasn't a good camp out because it was too quick and we weren't well prepared. Bryan told her she could plan the next one we go on.



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment