Monday, October 20, 2014

Wedding Carnival

October 17, 2014

Our neighbor's son, McKaye, was getting married on Saturday.  Instead of doing a family luncheon where people don't really get to to mingle and know each other very well, they decided to have a carnival the night before the wedding.  I thought that was a great idea.  She asked me for ideas on who in the neighborhood would have different items and I gave her suggestions.  We were invited to the reception but didn't hear any more about the carnival.

Tuesday at carpool her son asked if we were going.  I told him that I thought it was for family since it was taking the place of the family dinner.  He told me no and that I needed to talk to his mom.  The next day his mom called to make sure we knew we were invited.  So we went!

They had carnival games, prizes, a kissing booth (guess the amount of Hershey's kisses in a container), popcorn, "Worlds Best Corndogs", lemonade, cotton candy, snow cones, bounce house and dinner.  It was great!  Bryan was only 4 off on the kissing booth but someone else was closer so he didn't win.  But the kids got to play games.  We can now say we have eaten the worlds best corndogs.  And we had a fun time with some other neighbors who were there.

My kids have decided they now want to have carnivals the night before they get married instead of the wedding luncheon.  We'll have to wait and see how that goes over with their future spouses.




Another neighbor, who has a cotton candy machine, was there to make the cotton candy for everyone.  Courtney loves the people and is over at their house all the time.  Can you tell they love her too?  Check out the size of the cotton candy they gave her!

The ok thing about cotton candy (that I found out) is that it take 1 cup of sugar to make 15-20 cotton candy things.  So there really isn't as much sugar in them as you think.  That's only about 3 teaspoons per cotton candy.  So compared to a sucker it's actually less sugar.  Except Courtney got a huge one so it's probably not that impressive.


No comments: