Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Saturday in San Ramon - Temple, Traffic and Friends

Saturday morning we woke up early and made our way to the Oakland Temple.  We had to get into an early session to make everything work that day.  I hadn't been inside the Oakland Temple before so I was lost but the workers were really nice and showed us where to go.  The endowment room was tiny but beautiful and I was so awed by the celestial room.  It was so beautiful.  I was very glad we had taken the time to go while we were there.

After the Temple, we headed back to the hotel to change.  The traffic at 11 a.m. was horrible.  It was stop and go for quite a while and took us a long time to get from point A to point B.  It reminded us why we live in a small town!

We made it in plenty of time to change and get to lunch.  Some of Bryan's friends from the San Ramon 2nd Ward were getting together before the reunion.  We met at Erica Holladay's house (I can't remember married names so I'm going with maiden names so people know who they are better) and ate lunch/talked for 4 hours!  It was fun to hear all the stories from when they were growing up and to hear all the teasing.  Ben McEvoy, Aamey Stephens, Erica, Rebecca Davies and Bryan told all the dirt and caught up on each other's lives.  It really was fun and I was glad to meet them.  They didn't have any dirt on Bryan but they had plenty on Ben....although Kim knew it all which was even more hilarious!

Then it was time to get ready for the reunion.  Bryan had told them all not to be surprised if we didn't stay long because there were only two other people he wanted to say hi to.  The main people he had wanted to see were those at lunch.


We drove to Handles Gastropub in Pleasanton and it was all decked out.  There was music playing from the early 90s and they had signs all over with catch phrases from the day.  They did a good job.


I got a name tag saying I was with Bryan and he got a button with his senior picture on it and then we mingled. He found the two guys he had wanted to see and had a good time catching up with them. And then we left...mission accomplished.

We ordered dinner online from Chilis, picked it up and then went back to our hotel.  It was a fun day!

No comments: