Anyway, I had my phone for about 3 weeks (I think) when I was coming out of Church from presidency meeting, dropped the phone and shattered the screen. Now, I have to give a bit of background to this particular Sunday.
I have 9:30 am meetings every Sunday except Fast Sunday. We usually play a family board game in the mornings after the kids wake up. We were playing a game (I can't remember if it was Settlers or Ticket to Ride) but I was really into the game. I think I may have been winning, but don't quote me on that. And I didn't realize the time. Suddenly Bryan began to chuckle and said "It's 9:15." I thought he was just trying to pull one over on me...until I looked at the clock and it really was 9:15! I was still in my pjs and wasn't close to being ready to church.
I gasped, got mad at Bryan because I was sure he had known it was getting late and thought it would be funny to not tell me, and then I ran and got ready in 12 minutes. Yes, my hair was in a ponytail and I had very little make up on, but I made it to my meeting on time. But...I had to drive the van to do it.
We don't ever drive to church because we are only 3 blocks away and it's much better to walk home in hot weather a few times a year than get in a hot car every Sunday. But this particular Sunday I had to drive to get there on time.
So when I came out of my meeting I wasn't used to having to juggle my Church bag, books, phone and keys to get into the van and I dropped the phone. I cried. Yes, I will admit it. I cried in the Church parking lot because I had shattered the screen of my new cell phone.
I went home, showed Bryan and then put the phone in a baggie so I could still swipe the screen and not cut my finger up. On Monday, I began researching new screens. I found one that wasn't too pricey and Bryan switched the screen out for me. It didn't take him long at all. He did a great job.
Now it is good as new!
I also bought a really tough case for it so it won't happen again.
**Just to set the record straight, Bryan didn't try to make me late. As he pointed out later, if he would have wanted to make me late he would have pointed out the time at 9:30 instead of 9:15. Point taken!
No comments:
Post a Comment