Courtney has been anxious to find out who her teacher will be next week. She put her request in with her 4th grade teacher (who makes the class assignments for 5th grade) and I put my request in with the principal but you never know where they will put you.
On Monday they put the class lists in the window at the elementary school and so I went up to see who her teacher would be. She was thrilled that she got Mr. Hansen. He is in our Stake and his wife is the Stake RS President, so I know them well. I was excited too. He actually retired about 5 years ago from teaching after a long career but then his wife was called as Stake RS Pres and they had to put their mission dreams on hold for a while. He prayed about it and felt like "some kids needs a grandpa" so he began teaching at Santa Clara Elementary. Mr. Hansen is great at art and so Courtney is thrilled to be in his class this coming year.
No comments:
Post a Comment