I do birthday cakes for a couple doctors offices. The office manager for the two offices is my friend so she pays me to do their birthday cakes. Usually, she gives me the size of cake (9x13 rectangle or 12 inch round), the flavor (twinkie or chocolate), and an idea of what they would like on the cake (favorite color, hobby, etc.). Then she lets me do whatever I want to do.
I usually start by trying to figure out how to use the hobby in the cake design. I go to Dollar Store and try to find something that would work. I have used ribbons, bows, curly ribbons, toys, etc. on cakes before. It's a lot of fun to figure out what I can do because they don't really care what it looks like. I have even used cake spray to make an ombre of the frosting colors.
December was a crazy birthday month so I had a bunch of cakes. She had 2 that I thought I would record. The first was for a breast cancer survivor. She asked for the ribbon. The second was for a man who likes to go duck hunting. I think I nailed them. 😀
No comments:
Post a Comment