Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Coins for Kids

We like to participate in Coins for Kids every year.  Usually we just do the shopping but this year we decided to do wrapping also.

Bryan had planning commission so it was just Courtney, Ethan and I.  We have done the shopping quite a few times and knew that they never let you in when they say they will.  So we showed up 15 minutes late and the line was FOREVER long.  It was the most people they have ever had for shopping day.  We had to stay in line for about 20 minutes before we got into Walmart and got our names. 

We were shopping for a small family who had little kids.  The kids liked picking out toys and clothes for the little kids.  It was crazy in Walmart though with all the groups.  So it is challenging but we finished in quick time and got some fun stuff.

The next morning Courtney stayed home from school and the kids and I went to the Dixie Center to wrap gifts.  It was organized chaos but we had fun.  I had told the kids we only had to stay for a little while because it was early and they were tired.  So we wrapped for 3 families.  I had a great time and I think next year I'll go by myself or have Ethan drive so they can leave after they get tired.


No comments: