How well do I know my daughter? Well enough to know that I had to take pictures during the practice because she probably wasn't going to get back on stage for the performance. So I have a slide show of the practice, but you'll get the idea.
Courtney and I ran to downtown St. George to Heritage Square for her dance recital. It was at an outdoor stage and it was cold and rainy. I hadn't thought about this when we left so I didn't even grab her a coat. We had to run to the dance studio to pick up her costume and then we drove quick to the Square, got her dressed in a bathroom and lined up for practice. But it was so cold!! Here she was in this little tutu costume and tights...and freezing!
I put her in my coat with me to get her warm but she wasn't too happy. She wanted "daddy!" in the worst way and he wasn't there yet. When it was her group's turn to get on stage for the run-through, she went up without a problem because she was wearing my coat and it wasn't raining too badly.
Bryan and Ethan arrived, along with my parents, and I started taking pictures knowing that she probably was going to freeze and refuse to get up on the stage. And I was right. I took her up when it was their turn at the performance and, when I told her I had to take the coat, she began to scream and cry. So she ended up sitting on Bryan's lap watching her friends. She thought they did "great!" Bryan took video of the dance, so it you want to see Courtney's friends dance, let me know. You can see what her costume looks like because the other girls aren't wearing such large coats.
After the recital, Courtney's dance teacher told her that they would never make her dance in a recital if she didn't want to. But Courtney told her that in a couple of weeks when the recital is indoors, she will be happy to dance. So maybe we'll get a video of her then!
(Bryan can't wait for soccer season to start!)
No comments:
Post a Comment