This week has been Spring Break for a lot of people so we have had a lot of extra drivers around town. I don't normally notice all the extra drivers except during the Huntsman Senior Games in the Fall, but this week has been different.
Yesterday we were on our way back from piano lessons and I exited the freeway at Bluff. I had to turn left to go to Ivins and there was a car in front of me that really looked lost and kept switching lanes. I was stopped at the light and the women in the car next to me (the lost car) motioned for me to roll down my window. They asked if this was the exit for Red Mountain Spa. I told them it was and they asked me for directions.
Now, there are a few places in the St. George area that, if you aren't paying attention, are tricky and you could very easily end up back in Vegas. One of those places is on Bluff when you get to Sunset. In order to go to Ivins across Sunset, there is a dedicated right lane so you don't have to stop at the light and you can't go straight in any other lane. But there are a lot of near accidents at the intersection because people don't realize they can't continue straight in any lane other than the right. So they try to veer over to the right without looking and it's a mess.
I nicely told these women that they needed to turn left onto Bluff and then stay in the right hand lane through Sunset and then turn left at Snow Canyon Parkway. From there it is really easy to find the Spa. I repeated again that they needed to stay in the right lane until they passed Sunset or they would get lost. They nodded, rolled up their window and went their way.
When we got close to Sunset I noticed them up ahead, still in the left lane. I knew what was going to happen...and it did. Suddenly they sped up, veered to the right, almost hit a couple of cars who had to slam on their breaks and swerve to miss the women and then they ran through the red light at the left turn onto Snow Canyon!!! I about died!
So if anyone knows two middle-aged CRAZY women driving a white rental car trying to find Red Mountain spa, tell them to listen to directions next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment