Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Really UGLY Cake

I helped with Mutual tonight by teaching the Beehives how to decorate cakes. Bryan took Ethan and Courtney with him and the Priests as they did their activity.

I made 6 little 6 inch cakes and then had them split into groups of 2 (there were 11 girls there). I had taken a 9x13 cake for me to use as a demonstration cake so they could see how things were done. At the end of the night they had made some really cute cakes. I was very impressed by how much these girls could do and how creative they were. They split each cake in 2 so they could each take some home. When we were cleaning up a few girls noticed my sad looking demonstration cake and thought it needed something "more." This is what it ended up looking like:



They all had a pretty good laugh using all the left over frosting to make their "masterpiece." Ethan loves the frosting and Courtney loves the cake, so this should disappear pretty quickly! It was a fun night!

No comments: