I have to laugh at websites who "price match if you can find it ANYWHERE on the web cheaper than we have it!" I always wonder how many times someone calls them on it. I have done it a few times and the companies have always been cool about matching another's price.
Today I was looking for candles for an activity we will have at girl's camp and found one website where they were $15 for 48 candles. After a quick search I found another website had the exact same candles for $14 for 72 candles. I called both companies and found out shipping prices and then mentioned to the more expensive company (who had cheaper shipping costs) that I had found the same candles on another website and asked if they would price match. The woman told me I would have to email proof to them and then call them back and they would "discuss it."
I emailed her a link to the other website and explained that the competitor's candles were only $0.20 per candle and so I would only pay $9.60 for their box of 48 candles and then the additional for shipping. I called them back to see what they thought and, after being on hold for 5 minutes, they agreed to price match it. She was really nice about it and I got a good deal on some nice candles for camp!
And to answer your question, yes I did look around St. George and couldn't get the same candles for that price, so I think I got a good deal. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment