She's been at it again.
Yesterday as we were going grocery shopping Courtney asked me how a girl finds a man to marry if they don't go on a mission. I explained to her that a girl doesn't go on a mission to find a husband, but to share the Gospel and do what's right. When she gets home, then she finds husband. She though about this for a while and said, "Mom, where do boys go to hunt for a wife? And where did dad hunt you at?" I didn't answer because I was laughing too hard at my mental image of Bryan crawling around BYU with a net gun ;)
We have been trying to stop Courtney from sucking her thumb but it hasn't been too successful. We learned, when trying to potty train the princess, that she doesn't do anything until she is good and ready to do it and that fighting her won't make it happen any faster. So we have been trying to make her think it's her idea.
She mentioned that a girl in our ward who babysits her sometimes has braces. Courtney asked if braces hurt and I said, "Yup." I then told her that if she didn't stop sucking her thumb that she would definitely have to get braces to fix her teeth. I thought this would be a little motivation to her, but she just paused, thought about it a minute and said, "Then I'm going to definitely keep sucking my thumb because I really want to have braces when I get bigger." ...that didn't work!
No comments:
Post a Comment