Lately Ethan and Courtney have been doing some funny kid things that I forget to blog about and I don't want to forget them, so here they go.
Courtney put a white pajama shirt on under her regular shirt yesterday and told everyone that she wears "garments." Yeah, only a Mormon child would think to do that. We had a chat about the temple and garments yesterday so it actually opened up a discussion that was great.
Ethan told us at dinner the other day that when he is older and girls just find his irresistible that he is going to start carrying a hammer to beat them away from him because he doesn't want them kissing him.
He also told us that he hopes girls will stay away from him and won't try to "snog me" when he's older and cute. (Yeah, we have been reading Harry Potter and the terminology has been creeping into his vocabulary.) I wondered, for a minute, why he kept telling us that he was going to be so irresistible to women when he was older. Then I had flashbacks to first grade when he was always bringing home notes from girls telling him that they "i lik yur shurt" and "yur cute." And every time I showed up to help out one girl or the other was trying to hug him. I guess it starts young. ;)
Bryan mixes up the first letters in phrases just to be silly. So "split pea soup" becomes "Plit sea poup." Yeah, you can see where that one goes in our house. There are quite a few combinations that you shouldn't try and we have probably found them all. But the one that Ethan has the hardest time saying correctly now is "clam chowder" (which happens to be his favorite soup of all time). He asked for it the other day by saying, "Mom, when are we going to have some "cham clowder?" He was giggling so hard that I don't think he ever got it right. ;)
Yesterday I was teaching piano and Courtney was downstairs watching a movie to keep her quiet. She came running up the stairs and yelled "Mom, I saw a cockroach downstairs and he was on his bag with his legs in the air moving around, like this" and she laid on her back on the floor and, stretching her arms and legs to the ceiling, started moving them around to give us a demonstration of what the cockroach was doing. It was hilarious! I later went down and it was a piece of fuzz from my sewing room and not a cockroach at all, but I liked the demonstration.
Anyway, just some things to give you a smile today!
4 comments:
ha ha! so funny! I still have a hard time with Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carls Junior. I still say bestern wacon beeschurger.
I was going to say the same as Lisa. I still find myself saying that too.
Haha - cute!
It's a Pack Thing! ;)
Post a Comment