Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blown Away

We went camping last Friday night at Sand Hollow Reservoir. We loaded the van, picked Bryan up (he drove his car behind us) and went to the reservoir. We had dutch oven, rode bikes, explored the reservoir (which is up 20 feet so it's really fun to play in), made smores and then got ready for bed. While Bryan and I were getting ready to climb in the tent, the wind began to really blow! The tent came un-staked and folded over on Courtney (who was screaming her lungs out). While Bryan and I got it staked down, Ethan comforted Courtney. But the wind didn't die down.

Bryan and I climbed in the tent to try and keep it down but the gusts of wind were crazy! The kids were scared and it was obvious that we weren't going to get much sleep. At 10 p.m. we decided to pack it in...the first time we have EVER done that!!! It took us 25 minutes to take everything down and throw it in the van and the car while the kids cuddled in the car. By the time we got it all put away and were ready to leave...the wind died.

But we drove home and got the kids to bed around 11:10 pm. I was glad we came home because it was pretty miserable in the wind.


No comments: