Santa Clara Elementary School challenges their students each year to read the "Beehive Award Winners" in the categories of Picture Books and Children's Fiction and then take tests on them to prove they read them. Ethan took the challenge this year and it's been a rough one. He LOVES to read but some of the books are harder to get excited about. Although I did find that if we could get him started, that he would finish in a day or two on his own without a problem. He made it a goal at SEPs and has been working on it all year long. On Monday, he took his final 2 tests!! Our wonderful librarian, Mrs. Roberts, let him pick out a book (he chose "The Lightening Thief"), him his "Rockin' Rad Reader" shirt and dog tag, and then announced his name over the intercom saying that "Ethan Pack is our newest Rockin' Rad Reader." He was in HEAVEN!
I am so happy that he worked on this and completed it. This morning he told me "it feels so great to accomplish something like that." It does!!
3 comments:
Way to go Ethan!
What a great boy and great program! That is awesome!
(And a great mom for spurring him along.)
He told me when he finished that he was glad that "mom wouldn't be nagging me anymore!" So I guess I should get credit for the award too! ;)
Post a Comment