Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pizazz Dance Review

On Saturday, Courtney had her end-of-the-year dance review. They practiced long and hard last week to get it right and she was pretty excited. She choose Bryan as her escort so I got him a tie to match her Easter dress and then I had to order her a long stemmed rose to carry, so I got him a boutineer.

She dressed up in her Easter dress and looked very pretty.


When each girl's name was announced she passed, with her escort, through an arch and then took her place on the dance floor. Courtney was very last and was a bit antsy, but they did a great job.




After Courtney was in her place and everyone applauded, there was a daddy-daughter dance. Bryan picked Courtney up to dance with her but after a minute or so, she wanted to get down and twirl. It was fun to watch them dancing together.




Here's the intro and daddy-daughter dance:



When the dance was finished Courtney and I hurried into the dressing room to get her ready for her first dance. That was the only time I needed to help her. The first dance was the same one they performed at the basketball games. She did a great job.

She then ran into the dressing room and put on her second outfit for the hip-hop dance. We hadn't seen this dance before and it was cute. Courtney practiced so hard to be able to do the sweep your leg under your body move (you'll see it) and she got really good at it!



Their last dance was the "Angel" dance they did for the competition in March. I love this dance and it is, by far, Courtney's favorite dance to do. She loves lyrical dance.



After all the dances were complete (there were other classes dancing too) they did the awards and then it was over. It was a long but fun evening. She doesn't have dance during the summer but will start again in August right before school starts.

No comments: