Snow Canyon High School offers a basketball skills camp and a basketball shooting camp every summer for boys and girls from 4th grade up. We didn't know about it last year but this year we did. Ethan had told me that he didn't want to do it but then on Monday morning we started getting phone calls from the moms of boys in the neighborhood wondering if Ethan wanted a ride. Finally, after 4 texts he decided to "cave to peer pressure, fine!" and go to the skills camp only.
HE LOVED IT!! His tennis shoes are falling apart and have holes all over in them (I wanted to wait until school started and didn't think he would need them for anything but camping) but he doesn't care. There are 5 boys from our little neighborhood in it and we car pool together. He has camp Monday through Thursday this week for 1 1/2 hours each day. At the end he will get a t-shirt and is so excited.
I have realized that sometimes we just need a little push to get us going. I'm glad he loves it though!
No comments:
Post a Comment