Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oman Reunion/Bert's Birthday

My Uncle Bert was celebrating his 80th birthday so his daughters decided to make it into an Oman Family Reunion.  We haven't had one since my Aunt Donna Mae passed away in 1994 and we all attended the funeral.  How sad it that?!  So it was about time.

We drove to the Church in Castle Dale (which has been added on since we were there last and is HUGE, there is an elevator to get to the second floor where they put the Primary!) and got ready to party.  Immediately I realized that there were people I did not recognize, so I latched onto the cousins I did know and we tried to figure out who everyone was together.  So sad but we didn't want to go up to someone and not know who they were.

There were some who hadn't changed at all (Bert's daughters, Joyce, Maria) but there were others that I just didn't recognize and there were some who didn't know who I was at all but when I told them my name, remembered (thank heavens!).  It was actually a lot of fun seeing everyone.

It was a potluck and there was a ton of food.  We ate and then went around the room introducing each family.  Dad is one of 8 children, 7 of whom made it to adulthood.  There are 4 remaining siblings (Voniel, Bert, Ferris and Eldon) and all 7 families were represented (although one cousin from Voniel's family came really late and we didn't get to see her).  So it was good.  We took family pictures (really informal) and then sibling pictures.

Uncle Bert and his family.  Bert is my Dad's brother.
 Uncle Joe and his daughter Joyce and her son.  Aunt Donna Mae is his wife and my dad's older sisters who passed away:
 Our family, minus Leigh Ann and Gary:
 Uncle Eldon and his family, minus Jesse:
Uncle Blaine and his family.  Uncle Blaine was married to Aunt Ramona who was Dad's sister just older than he was.
 Aunt Leora and her family.  Aunt Leora was married to Uncle Glen who was Dad's brother who passed away when Ethan was little.

The siblings and their spouses or spouses of deceased (except Joe had left by this time)
 The boys:




No comments: