Thursday, March 22, 2012

Disneyland Day 2

I have to admit that I am an amusement park nut. I want to ride as many rides as I can and spend as much time as possible running around to those rides. I don't want to waste any time and I have to have a plan. So, with this in mind, you need to have a lot of sympathy for my family.

With our three-day park hopper passes we got a Magic Morning. I LOVE Magic Mornings because it means that you get into the park 1 hour earlier than everyone else. Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land are open just for those who have Magic Morning passes. Now, last time we went the hours of operation were later than they were this time. Granted, a 7 a.m. gate opening time is early but I wasn't deterred, even though my family was exhausted and wanted to sleep. I was at Disneyland to go to Disneyland! You can sleep any old day. Right?!?

Disneyland had "Spring Break Hours" which meant they opened normally at 8 a.m. and our Magic Morning time was 7 a.m. The kids were exhausted and Bryan left it up to me to either wake them up and endure a grumpy-kid day, or let them sleep in and miss most of the Magic Morning. It was a rough decision but I let them sleep in. We got to the park with about 10 minutes left, which got us right on to Space Mountain. But it didn't matter because we went on a lot of rides before the 9 a.m. opening of California Adventure.

When California Adventure opened we ran over and got in line for a fast pass for World of Color.

Ethan said a phrase almost exact to this one once and we had to take the picture when we saw the sign. "This way means adventure." -Ethan
Then we went to the pier to wait for the park to officially open. Then we made a mad dash to the Toy Story ride. The line was HUGE. This ride doesn't have a fast pass so you have to wait in line and it is really popular so you are in line forever. But we had a great time on it.

Here we are, waiting in line for Toy Story:
So this is how kids come now:
We spent the rest of the day riding all the rides we wanted in California Adventure. There are some really cool rides. The down part of the day was the Aladdin play. We stood in line for an hour to get into the performance of Aladdin. It began late and then about 5 minutes into the show they had "technical difficulties" which they had to work through. About 5 minutes later they started from where they had left off. About 10 minutes later they again had "technical difficulties" but this time they cancelled the show! We were so miffed and it made for some grumpy people.

After we left the theater we were told that they weren't sure if they were going to cancel the rest of the performances that day or not. We decided we would go to Aladdin on Wednesday before we left. But we decided that we were all grumpy enough that we needed to go back to the hotel, nap and go swimming. So we did.

When everyone was rested, we went back to California Adventure and rode some more rides. Bryan had to go on the huge Ferris Wheel. He and Ethan were both a tad bit nervous but they lived through it. We didn't get a car that swung, though. I wouldn't have survived that one. We also did some swings that were really fun!

Waiting for the Ferris Wheel:
On the swing ride:
Then went to find a space to watch the World of Color. Our tickets were blue so they were in front but we decided to stand to the side in the "You will get wet" area. We didn't get wet though. The show was AMAZING!! I was so impressed and the kids, in spite of having really sore and hurting feet, said it was even better than the night before with the fireworks.

We then loaded the kids back into the stroller and took off for the hotel. We slept well that night!

No comments: