Okay, here's a little side note for you. Church ball...doesn't that just conjure up thoughts of "the brawl that begins with a prayer"? Our ward is a bit dangerous in the men's basketball scene. Last month our bishop dislocated his elbow and shattered his radial during a game. He was taken by ambulance to the ER and had surgery. But, I have to say, our High Priests and Elders teams are pretty good. We have quite a few relatively young High Priests that can play ball.
The Thursday before we left for our vacation, our High Priest team was playing another ward's Elders Quorum team and it got rough. During a play at the very first of the game, a tall skinny guy with really sharp elbows and a very aggressive attitude plowed into Bryan's side (I wasn't there so I'm taking a little author's liberty on that description). No foul was called on the play (there should have been) and Bryan's side was really hurting afterward. He finished out the game but was in pain and had a hard time taking a deep breath of air.
Bryan is a Ward Basketball Referee and went on to ref the following game after he was hurt. He was able to run around and wasn't doing too bad. That night he wasn't feeling too hot and actually took some ibuprofen on Friday morning (that tells you that he was in quite a bit of pain because he never takes medication!).
He rode rides in Legoland and Disneyland during Spring Break but was in pain and still couldnt't take a deep breath. We concluded that he probably had a broken or cracked rib. He went to the doctor today (we are home now and I'm late blogging, sorry) and found out that it is broken. There isn't anything they can do for you but to have to manage your pain and take it easy for 4-6 weeks. I think this is his first broken bone (a nose is cartilage so it doesn't count, I think).
Our High Priest team is in the Stake basketball finals but Bryan won't get the play. His rib hurts him too much. But he's going to take the kids and cheer the team on!!
Church ball is dangerous!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment