Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ironman Kids Fun Run

We have a tradition that the kids run in the Ironman Kids Fun Run each year (except the one year when Ethan was at Fathers and Sons with Bryan).  So after the softball game, we went downtown to get ready for the run.  We met up with Mom and Dad and Don and Kathy.

Usually the kids run the 200 meter but decided to do the 1 mile this year.  It's amazing how many kids show up.  I talked to one man who was in town for Dixie State University's graduation and heard about the run so they went down and signed their kids up.  It was only $10 so it was great!

The kids were split up into age groups but Courtney was nervous and wanted to run with Ethan so we snuck her into the older age group.  I didn't know at the time that some of their friends from our neighborhood were coming and so Courtney could have run in her age group with her friend.  It turned out that they snuck up by Ethan and Courtney too, so all 4 could run together.

I ALWAYS miss taking pictures of them running.  Bryan got one but I haven't gotten it off his phone yet.  There are just too many kids.  I need to get them bright hats or something so I can see them.  But they did a great job.  They walked a bit and Ethan was a bit peeved with Courtney because she slowed him down.  But about an hour after the race they both said they had fun.

We are all doing the Colorpalooza on Ethan's birthday.  It's a 5K charity run where they throw colored cornstarch at you.  That should be fun!

Waiting for the race to start

Cute Courtney

After finishing they got medals and drinks

Celebrating with ice cream at the Ice Box!

Our runners!



No comments: