We found out in April that Courtney's end of the year review for Pizazz was to be on Ethan's birthday and that her morning practice was at the same time as the Colorpalooza. I called her coach who said that she could be a little late, no big deal.
At a little before 9 a.m., we arrived outside Hansen Stadium at Dixie State College for the run. There were women in wedding gowns, people in all kinds of costumes and then normal people...like us.
We each had a bag of color, except the kids had 2 each, to throw on people. Since Courtney had dance practice, we decided she would only run a small part of the race and then I would clean her up and take her to dance. Here are some photos:
The back of our shirts: (the photos are a bit blurry because my camera was in a ziplock baggie so it wouldn't be ruined)
My dad, before the race, with his funky sunglasses:
Courtney and I ran our little part of the Colorpalooza, changed her clothes in the van, put down sheets to sit on so there wouldn't be color all over our car and then headed to dance. The only problem was that her braids had a lot of color in them and they kept hitting her dance shirt and coloring it. It was hilarious. She ended up at dance with paint all over.
After I dropped her off, I went back and parked at the end of the race so I could jump right in. Ethan and Bryan had just finished but I was ahead of my dad. Ethan and Bryan almost ran the entire 5K (although they think it was more like 2 miles instead of a 5K). If they would have been able to see how close the finish line was, they would have kept running.
They didn't look too colored when they finished:
Someone had it out for my dad, though. He was so colored!!
Here we all are at the end. It was so much fun!! And it was great to hear a bunch of people tell Ethan "Happy Birthday!"
Happy Birthday Ethan!!








No comments:
Post a Comment