Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mom and Me

Every February the elementary school holds a "Moms and Muffins" in conjunction with their book fair.  They invite all the moms to the elementary to have muffins with their kids and then they hope the moms spend time at the book fair and spend money.  I haven't ever liked the practice because there are always a ton of moms, yucky muffins and then I feel like I have to spend money at the book fair (which is WAY over priced).

Usually I take the kids to get a cinnamon roll at Grandma Toblers and skip the whole "Moms and Muffins" ordeal.

This year they changed it up.  The teacher in charge agreed that the muffins weren't very good and she wanted to try and save some money too.  So she switched it to be "Mom and Me" and decided to have brownies.  Yup, brownies.  It's never too early for chocolate, in my opinion.

But the brownies were expensive to buy so she approached a couple of us moms who have our food handler's licenses to ask if we would be willing to make the brownies.  She got permission from the lunch ladies for us to use the school kitchen and then bought all the stuff.  So another mom and I spent an hour in the school kitchen making the brownies.  It wasn't too bad.  The school cafeteria ladies cooked them for us and then another mom went up and cut them.  It took her about 3 hours so I was happy to do my part earlier.

Courtney had fun and it was fun to sit and chat with her while we ate our brownies.


No comments: