Friday, March 21, 2014

Piano Lessons

I am done!  Today I taught my last after-school piano lesson.  I still have one student who is an adult and comes during the day, but I don't have any other students.  It feels really nice!

Last month I realized that, although I don't have many piano students anymore, piano lessons were taking too much time away from my kids.  They needed my attention and help after school and I wasn't able to give them that when I was busy with piano students.  Something had to go.  When I looked at the things that were affecting my family the most but not necessary, I realized that teaching piano lessons had to go.  There were other factors but my kids was the most important one.  

I called everyone to let them know that March would be my last month teaching.  Most were very understanding and were actually relieved because their lives had gotten too crazy.  But I had some who weren't very happy.  But that's okay.  I am not making this decision to make other people happy.

No comments: