We had our annual snow storm but it wasn't as bad as the one last year. We woke up Monday morning to this:
Ethan had me check online to see if school had been cancelled but it hadn't so he had to go. There was an email saying that if your student rode the bus and you lived near a hill that you would have to get your own child to school that day because the buses couldn't go up and down hills because of the snow. We don't have a hill near us to get to school so I sent him.
None of the moms of his friends would let their sons ride their bikes to school so they all ended up carpooling. Ethan wasn't happy about this. He wanted to ride his bike in the snow but didn't want to go alone.
Courtney spent the morning playing outside in the cold stuff. I remember when she was really little and she HATED snow. She would yell "Get the white stuff off of me NOW!" Oh how times have changed.
Ethan wasn't happy at all when I picked him up after school. Apparently the hill on Pioneer counts as a hill the bus wouldn't go up or down so the kids in our neighborhood in middle and high school decided not to go to school. The intermediate schools didn't take attendance either and the missed day won't count against anyone. Ethan wasn't happy that I didn't let him stay home. I told him that he would be "One day smarter than the other kids" but he wasn't buying it.
It melted pretty quickly. I was glad because I hate driving in the stuff! But it was pretty to see and the kids had fun playing in it. Ethan and his friends had a huge snow ball fight and he was soaked when he came home from hanging out with them.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment